Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stranded in Barcelona!!!!!






Uph!!!!!

With a mad rush to the Airport, we came to find, not only our flight to be cancelled, but the entire Airport closed, as a result of the Volcanic erruption in Iceland. I had just checked in my luggage when the announcement came, stopping All flights, thus closing the airport. I guess things could be worse.

I was so excited to go home and see my family. I miss them so much and can't wait to see them. For now, our flights have been postponed until Friday, April 23rd, five (5) more days in Spain. It could be worse!

However, no matter how beautiful the city of Barcelona, it is still difficult to be away from my wife and children this long. Twenty-nine of us all together are stuck and we are all almost out of clean clothes and come Tuesday, will be displaced from our Hotel. We are working on a back up plan and feel confident, things will be alright.

On the bright side, I will be able to tour the city tomorrow. Luckily my brother is with me or I would really be homesick. We will need to wash some laundry and hopefully finalize our hotel accommodations tomorrow for the rest of the week.

We did get to see Jonothan play this evening and meet with his father after the match. He scored the first of two goals, finishing 2 - 0. Afterwards we watched Real Madrid beat Valencia 2 - 0 in a local pub. There was no love for Madrid here this evening.

All in all, things could be worse. I love Barcelona and cherish this experience.

Coach Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment